Friday, August 5, 2011

Steven Joseph Interview

1.How would u describe your music?
Well, I think that my music is an enjoyable sound like a lot of other people's music. I write all my own lyrics and make my own melodies. It's a long process but at the end of the day, I think my music is a definite "check me out" kinda of thing!


2.Your releasing your first EP in september,what would you say is your favorite song from the album?
Yes, September 1, 2011 is the day my EP will be out worldwide on iTunes, amazon, shockhound, etc. Honestly, I can't single out any songs from it as a favorite because I love them all. It's been a year and these songs are finally coming together so I have to so they are all my Favorite


3.Do you plan to go on tour in the near future?
I've been doing shows here locally (Toronto, Canada) for about a year now and I really think it's time to spread my name even further. I do plan to go on tour as a supporting act for a well known band!

4.What do your parents think of your success?
I think my parents are the biggest supporters of mine! I love them so much and I think that it was because of their positive attitude I kept going.


5.In your free time what do you like to do?
Haha, other then write some new songs? In my free time I love to play video games, practice make-up on my dearest model friends and go to the mall.

6.Tell us a little bit about your background?
I'm white, I'm skinny, I'm english and hardworking. That's me, haha!

 7.Who would you say is your inspiration?
Honestly I don't think people would expect this from me but I really look up to Selena Gomez. She is so fabulous and her music is definitely an inspiration to mine!


8.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5 years.. hmm.. Working at Wal-Mart? JOKING! I think that I'm constantly growing and well... if I keep doing the same thing, what I did in 1 year will be 5 times as big!


9.When you were little could you see yourself becoming a singer?
Well, I thought I was going to be acting for sure. It's kinda weird knowing that I wanted to do that but I was always afraid of being in front of people until I hit my mid teens. Then that's when I discovered performing.. I knew I could right so I figured I would try music and it really became something meaningful to me.

10.Do YOU see yourself as successful?
I like to think that what I'm doing has a purpose behind it. I don't see myself as having a few songs and a few photo's success. My success is based on my overall image and those who support me.

11.what things do you have to have when your In the studio or backstage at a concert?
WATER. H20 is key! Some people like to have dry throats before recording but me, I like my throat not to dry and not to wet. Water also helps me calm down when I'm backstage getting ready to go on. It's the best thing ever!


12.What's a song that is constantly in your head?
Anything new. If I hear something that is catchy, it's stuck in my head for a day or two.

13.What's one thing you would like to take back from your past?
Well people do bad things everyday they wish they could take back but all we can do is move On.


14.If you could be any other singer or actor who would you be and why?
Selena Gomez. She does both acting/singing and I love her style a lot!

15.Did you have a nickname as a kid?
My nickname was either Steve, Steve-o or Boo.

16.What's a award that you would like to win (a Grammy,an vma,etc)?
I don't want to think about award yet since I'm fresh on the scene. I'd say whatever award comes to me

17.Can we expect any music videos from your EP?
A music video.. hmmm. It's hard to say. I think I'm gonna wait for my full Length.


18.Who would you like to work with in the future?
Any pop star that I think could be fit with me. Selena Gomez, Jeffree Star, Lady GaGa. I know those are big names but in this industry, you never know what's in


19.How are you?
I'm living life like everyone else.. but working hard!


20. Who's a upcoming artist that people should check out?
Me! hahaha.


21.What do you like to watch on tv?
This is crazy but.. I don't watch T.V! Internet / YouTube for me.


22.Do u have a favorite food or restaurant? 
So generic... I love pizza.

23.Do you have any siblings?
Yeah, I have a lot of them .. too many to count.

24.As we come to an ending of our interview,I would like to ask what's your opinion on gay marriage?
Gay marriage should be a yes everywhere! Love is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment